DANGEROUS NONCONSUMABLE ANIMALS
These animals are a considerable threat to the player, and cannot be hunted for Food, only slain.
- Crocodile Slowly swims, partially submerged, through riverine or swampy shallow water. Can attack hominid units in shallows.
- Dragon Rare, relatively large mythic creature. Flies and walks. Fire-breathing. Lands and attacks units on land. When in the air, can only be attacked by ranged units.
- Lion No mane. Now largely extinct except for a small population in the Punjab of NW India.
- Shark Dorsal fin exposed. Slowly migratory in shallow waters. Can attack hominid units in shallows if it happens to encounter them.
DANGEROUS CONSUMABLE ANIMALS
These animals can be hunted in the wild for Food. They aren't as formidable a threat as Dangerous Animals, but still need to be hunted in groups. They cannot be herded or corralled.
- African Elephant Savanna African Elephant. Large central and southern.
- Auroch Bull
- Bear (color variation: brown or black)
- Buffalo - African
- Musk Ox
- Polar Bear Solitary. May occasionally attack and kill a seal if it encounters one.
- Whale Slowly migrating. May at times enter large watercourses. May be in groups of 1 to 3. A very large consumable if attacked and killed in shallows.
FEARFUL AND PASSIVE CONSUMABLE ANIMALS
These animals can be hunted in the wild, and are easy one-man kills. They cannot be herded or corralled.
- Partridge 'Chukar'. Ground dwelling.
- Pheasant 'Ring-necked male'. Ground dwelling.
- Ptarmigan 'Snow' ground dwelling. Very hard to see on snow or ice.
- Rabbit Color variation: white or grey.
- Reindeer Caribou.
- Seal Basks on beach or ice in small groups. Doesn't swim. Wandering. Solitary. Polar Bears may at times attack and kill one.
- Walrus Basks on beach or ice in small groups. Rare. Doesn't swim.